Charge Air Pressure Too High in Turbochargers
Possible Turbocharger-Related Causes
- Nozzle ring fouled or partially blocked.
- Nozzle ring deformed.
- Incorrect Turbocharger specification.
Possible Non-Turbocharger-Related Causes
- Defective manometer indication
- Valve leaks
- Incorrect injection timing
- Low air intake temperature
- Engine performance higher than assumed
Damage Limitation Procedures
- High pressure causes high stress.
- Keep close observation to make sure the engine runs within all acceptable limits.
Service and Spares Information
- Clean or replace accordingly. New nozzle ring might be needed. Check area stamped on the ring for identification.
- Replace with nozzle ring.
- Please fill out engine matching form to enable us to check engine/ turbocharger match. There is no charge for this service.
For further analysis of your problem please contact us on +44 23 8086 1000 for the TSI Turbo Service International 24-hour Breakdown Emergency Control Centre or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org