Charge Air Pressure Too Low in Turbochargers
Possible Turbocharger-Related Causes
- Heavily fouled filter silencer.
- Compressor fouled.
- Compressor damaged.
- Turbine blade damaged.
- Nozzle ring damaged.
- Cover ring eroded.
Possible Non-Turbocharger-Related Causes
- Turbine back pressure too high.
- Air/Gas leaks.
- Ambient pressure of engine room reduced.
- Defective manometer indication.
Damage Limitation Procedures
- If the above is noticed please contact our service team.
Service and Spares Information
- Clean Filter silencer. Reconditioning maybe required and replacement of filter mat.
- Clean compressor wheels.
- Dynamic balancing of turbine shaft complete may be required.
- If required following experienced turbocharger technician inspection. Replace nozzle ring.
For further analysis of your problem please contact us on +44 23 8086 1000 for the TSI Turbo Service International 24-hour Breakdown Emergency Control Centre or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org