Loss of Lube Oil in Turbochargers
Possible Turbocharger-Related Causes
- Sealing bush damaged or worn.
- Sealing air blocked.
- Leaks from gasket of bearing space cover.
- Oil level too high.
- Oil pressure too high (MAN turbochargers).
- Casing defect.
Possible Non-Turbocharger-Related Causes
- Blocked sealing air channel.
- Oil pressure too high.
Damage Limitation Procedures
- Keep close observation.
- Re-fill oil to maintain correct oil level.
- Seek Technical assistance by experienced turbocharger company as soon as possible.
Service and Spares Information
- Seek technical assistance
- Replace the sealing bush.
- Clean accordingly.
- Replace the gasket.
- Fill oil not exceeding the maximum fill level.
For further analysis of your problem please ring +44 23 8086 1000 for the Turbo Service International 24-hour Breakdown Emergency Control Centre