Sluggish Start/Short Running Down Time in Turbochargers
Possible Turbocharger-Related Causes
- Bearing damaged.
- Foreign Body Damage.
- Excessive Carbon Build Up.
Possible Non-Turbocharger-Related Causes
- Obstruction in exhaust inlet manifold.
Damage Limitation Procedures
- Keep close observation.
- Stop if abnormal operations like rubbing, touching or impacting happens.
- Listen for extraneous noises.
- Seek Technical Assistance.
Service and Spares Information
- Bearings must be replaced when service hours have expired.
- Fix accordingly. Rotor parts might be needed if bearing has failed and rotor “touched”.
- Remove turbocharger rotor and land ashore for full overhaul including dynamic balancing.
For further analysis of your problem please ring +44 23 8086 1000 for the Turbo Service International 24-hour Breakdown Emergency Control Centre